Background to the Job
The Kenya Animal Genetic Resources Centre formally CAIS was established in1946 through a Gazette Notice No.557 as a semen production and distribution Station. The Centre has been given full autonomy as a State Corporation, through a Gazette Notice No.L.N. 110 of September 2011. The new mandate of the Centre includes production, preservation, distribution and conservation of animal genetic material as well as rearing of breeding bulls for provision of high quality disease free semen to meet National demand and for export. Currently the core business is Bull Semen Production and Distribution.
The Centre`s Management initiated the Quality Management System ISO 9001:2008 process in August 2010 and having satisfied the requirements of this Management Standards, KAGRC is fully certified.
PRINCIPAL HUMAN RESOURCE MANAGEMENT AND ADMINISTRATION OFFICER - KAGRC 5 – (EQUIVALENT OF J/G ‘P’ IN CIVIL SERVICE
Reporting to the Director Finance, Human Resource Management and Administration for all human resource management and administration
- Develop and Implement human resources plan and personnel management policies and procedures
- Promote workplace safety
- Provide advice and assistance of staff and management on pay and benefits systems
- Monitor daily attendance in conjunction with the relevant supervisor
- Provide advice and recommendations on disciplinary actions
- Ensure that accurate job description are in place
- Provide advice and assistance when conducting staff performance evaluations
- Identify staff training and development opportunities
- Analyzing the utilization of Human Resources in KAGRC and advising on proper deployment;
- Making proposals on Human Resource Planning and succession management; Analyzing staff performance and career progression and making appropriate recommendations;
- Ensuring correct interpretation and implementation of Human Resource Management policies, rules and regulations including those relating to pensions, salary administration, labour laws and other statutes that impact on the human resource
- Ensuring smooth operations of Administration Services;
- Taking part in procurement and supply of stores for human resources and administration purposes.
i. Served as Chief Human Resource Management and Administrative officer or in a comparable and relevant position in the Public Service for a minimum period of three (3) years;
ii. Bachelors degree in any of the following Social Sciences: Government, Sociology, Economics, Public or business Administration, human Resource or Personnel Management, Bachelor of Commerce from a recognized institution.
iii. Must have a higher diploma in Human Resource Management.
iv. A masters degree will be an added advantage
v. Certificate in computer applications;
vi. Demonstrated high level of professionalism and competence in
work performance and results
The position will be for a three year renewal contract subject to performance and continued improvement.
Interested candidates should apply and attach detailed (Curriculum Vitae), copies of their certificates, testimonials including email address and cell phone number and names of three referees to the address below, to be received on or before 20th August, 2015.
KAGRC is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people living with disability, Women and those from marginalized areas to apply.
The Managing Director
Kenya Animal Genetic Resources Centre
P.O. Box 23070-00604,Lower Kabete, Nairobi
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.